Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I was wr….wr….wrong

I was partly right you know. Arizona did move the ball at will, Warner had a huge game, and Pittsburgh’s running game was stifled. I just didn’t see Arizona committing (or being called for) several million penalties or that huge swing at the end of the first half with the Harrison interception and touchdown run. Arizona’s offense is so much fun to watch. Larry Fitzgerald is one of the best receivers in the game. He is just behind Andre Johnson for the best in my opinion. In the end it was, of all things, Pittsburgh’s offense that made the difference. Ben was huge at the end and so was Holmes. I also think Arizona made a huge mistake changing their defensive strategy in that last drive. They had played hard nosed blitzing D the whole game only to go into a soft prevent D at the end. That decision allowed Pittsburgh to simply dance down the field and that was all she wrote.

I have heard so many people calling this “one of the best Super Bowl’s ever”. Please! This was an average overall game at best. It was certainly one of the better fourth quarters ever, but not even better than last year’s Giant’s triumph against Brady and the Pats. There were more penalties and video reviews than there was excitement.

I would like to applaud the NFL for choosing General Petraeus to do the coin toss. He is a great man and an outstanding American and deserves that kind of recognition.

So as much as it pains me to say, Congrats Steeler fans, I was wrong!

That’s what is rolling around in the DOME for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment