Wednesday, July 8, 2009

It's only football wasteland

I am a huge football fan. Everything else pales in comparison to me now. That is actually kind of weird because I had been big into other things for years, but not any more. I’ve tried so hard to get into other sports since the Super Bowl, but I just can’t do it. I had a great period of focus with my second favorite sport right now, college basketball, in February and March. Then it all went so wrong.

I mean don’t get me wrong. Some of the special events like the Masters and US Open, the College World Series, World Cup Qualifying, and others have captured my attention for short periods of time. But nothing captures my full attention like the NFL.

I used to fill the void with Major League Baseball and Nascar, but that is not the case right now. I have fled Nascar completely. I guess certain drivers that are now gone (Dale Earnhardt, Ricky Rudd, Rusty Wallace, Ward Burton) are what kept me watching for so long. I still like to watch Major League Baseball, but not like I once did. First off my favorite team (San Diego Padres) are in a rebuilding mode. I usually start paying attention after the All-Star break. There is just nothing there right now to get me into it.

So, I was glued to the NFL combine and the draft. Yea, I know I’m sick, but what can I do. I watch NFL network as much as possible. I do quite a bit of reading on the NFL in general and on my favorite team (Chargers). The NFL is just a better, more exciting product. It’s been quite sad being stuck in this wasteland. Come on NFL, hurry up.

I can not wait for training camp and pre-season games to come. I have an extra reason to watch the pre-season games this year. Liberty University stud running back Rashad Jennings is now a Jacksonville Jaguar. He tore it up in Mini-camp and OTAs. I hope Rashad sees the field a lot in the pre-season. Is he does, watch for him to emerge as Maurice Jones-Drew’s full-time back-up.

Dear Mr. Goodale, please add a Spring/Summer NFL Minor League. Yes, it WILL be profitable. Trust me.

I love College Football too, and can't wait for that to start too. I'm the guy who watches the Spring Football Games on ESPN. College practices start the second week of August, and I can't wait. I mean, I'm even ready to spend my Friday nights out watching some High School football.

So, for now I will continue to watch way too much Deadliest Catch, Top Gear, and Wipeout to get through the doldrums. NFL, Please Hurry.

That’s what’s rolling around in the DOME for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment