Wednesday, July 22, 2009

All you want to know about the Knucklehead and then some.

Bob Alvis from the Sports Buffet asked me to do a little interview for the blog section of his web site. I thought it might be interesting to post it here for all to enjoy, or laugh at.

Bob Alvis: 1. Tell us a little bit about yourself, and where your love of sports came from and how it developed.

Knucklehead: I grew up in San Diego California with lots of professional sports all around. My dad was a HUGE sports fan and we spent much of my time growing up at Jack Murphy Stadium (Now silly QUALCOMM Park). We saw tons of Padres and Chargers games there as well as many pro soccer games. As I grew older, my love for sports became even more than my dads and expanded to include college basketball upon moving to North Carolina at age 11.

BA: 2. The title of your blog, Sports from the DOME, what led you to that title and what will readers get reading Sports from the DOME?

KH: The Sports from the dome title has two meanings actually. I am proudly bald as can be thus that version of the dome. And sporting events are often held in domes, so there is the other. You can expect lots of varitry from the blog, and maybe a little of opinion too. OK, who am I kidding, I am extremely opinionated and different, and you will pick that out right away.

BA: Quick Hits. Give me a quick take on each of these subjects and if you support these (yay) or disagree with these (nay).

KH:
Michael Vick being reinstated to the NFL - YAY - Look the man has served the time for the crime. Truly he served more than someone with less notoriety would have. So, let's move on. If some team wants him, then more power to them. We have an NFL full of repeat offenders for much worse crimes to other people, so he deserves a chance. Now, ask me if I think he is worth anything as an NFL QB, and you'll get a totally different answer (can you say WR?). By the way, I say re-instate Pete Rose too.

College football playoff - Did you say quick hit? WOW! Look I say YAY, but I think it will never happen for greedy money reasons. I am actually for an 8 team playoff that ties in with the current BCS. Otherwise this topic is too long for a quick hit.

Should the All-Star Winner determine the WS Home team? - NAY - I think it should be in the hands of the contending teams themselves not the whole league. EARN IT. I liked the way it was, and think they tried too hard to manufacture All-star excitement. It's also silly to let one meaningless game decide an important facet of a best of 7 game series.

NCAA Tourney Expansion - in a word - NO! Look, all the extra tourneys are already a joke. They don't have anywhere near the draw or excitement of the field of 65. Why fix what ain't broke? The teams know what it takes to get in, and have consolation tourneys if they don't. The only thing I say is to add 3 more play in games so there is one for each region. That's it.

Will Soccer ever be major US Sport? - Nay - Every country where Soccer (futbol) is a major sport doesn't have the NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL stealing all the best athletes first. Unfortunately US Soccer will always be to European soccer what Canadian Football is to the NFL. That is, a cheap imitation at best.

That’s what’s rolling around in the DOME for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment