Monday, April 6, 2009

Championship time TONIGHT!



This is a difficult preview for me to write. I have been a loud, proud UNC fan since I was like 8 years old. Hey be quiet, I'm not that old. Anyway, back on task. So, it makes it a bit hard for me to be objective. But, I'm not really sure that it matters when talking about this particular team. They are absolutely on a roll. They have won all 5 of their tourney games by double digits, and won Saturday night despite being out rebounded by Villanova and shooting 40% from the charity stripe. They just find a way to win.

This should be a great game. Izzo is sure to have an excellent game plan, and Roy Williams is sure to counter. I do feel strongly that it comes down to Carolina's Speed, Depth, and yes their newly recognized defense. I think Ellington and Lawson will be huge, but I believe this one will be carried on the back of one Tyler Hansbrough. I can't wait to see these guys hoist the trophy somewhere midnight.

Another note for this game is that with a win tonight, the Tarheel Seniors (Hansbrough, Frazor, and Green) begome the 4 year team with the most wins in Carolina history. This is an impressive group of guys.

My Score prediction: Carolina 85 - Michigan State 74.

ENJOY!

That's what's rolling around in the DOME for now!


UPDATE


Man was I close! Tarheels won 89-72 (Only 6 points off!). This was never really a game. The HEELS owned this tourney and this game!

UNC Tarheels 2009 NCAA Men's Basketball Champs!

No comments:

Post a Comment