Friday, March 20, 2009

Really?

OK, so I should have known that Clemson would lose again. I thought they had a great shot at making a run to the Sweet 16 this year and a good matchup, so I picked it. Michigan played better and looked much more athletic, but Clemson still should have won that game. At the end of the game when Clemson needed a 3 to tie, K.C. Rivers put up a pathetic shot from the baseline. Their best 3pt shooter wasn't even on the court. Terrance Oglesby was ejected early in the second half after throwing an elbow. Look, I understand the flagrant foul call. He was mad and out of control, but not to the degree of an ejection. The guy who flipped Blake Griffin, yep he needed to be ejected. But this situation with Oglesby makes me mad not only because it wasn't that severe, the timing of the call was a joke as well. The worst part was that they waited until after the foul shots were done, conferred, and then ejected him. So, it took you over a minute after the play to make the decision? Come on! I will not go so far as to say the officials cost Clemson the gam, because Clemson's lack of defense did that. But they did cost them a legitimate shot to tie it up at the end. Yes, I know Oglesby was 1-7 when he was taken out, but those kind of players find a way when the game is on the like.

Just my opinion.

Overall, Yesterday's games were a bit disappointing. Here's to better, more dramatic games today.

That's what's rolling around in the DOME for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment