Monday, August 3, 2009

I am ready for some Football!

Woo Hoo!

It is time for the Knucklehead to come out of hibernation. I may still stay in the cave for a while, but you can bet I’m waking up to the sports world.

Why? Training camps all around the NFL started this weekend. Coverage has ramped up on the internet, radio ESPN, and the NFL Network. That also means that the first preseason game is this weekend in Canton Ohio. It’s the annual Hall of Fame game, and this year it’s the Titans vs. the Bills. Yea, I know I’m sick for being excited to watch preseason games. I’ve come to grips with this sickness and I’m OK with it. I’ve been reading up on progress of players, and checking out Twitter to prepare for my two fantasy leagues as well. I have to defend my championship you know. Basically, I have been back to paying attention to the world of Sports. I’m back and ready for some football, yes even preseason. Talk about being starved.

I’ve been reading up on progress of players, and checking out Twitter to prepare for my two fantasy leagues as well. I have to defend my championship you know. I’ve been reading up on my favorite team (The Chargers) as well. I am so excited to see Shawne Merriman back, and hopefully we’ll keep him Philip, L.T. and Gates healthy for a whole season. The Rookies are all exciting too. This could be the season (yes, again).

There is one issue though. The Chargers will always be my favorite team and they have been since I was born (yep, that early). But thanks to Liberty’s Rashad Jennings, I will also be following and cheering for the Jacksonville Jaguars as well. I had the privilege of meeting Rashad the other day. What a great guy and a very talented athlete. If you meet him or see him play, there is no way you can’t be an immediate fan. His first camp experience starts today, and I can't wait to see his progress.

Bottom line, football is back. At this point, I’d even watch a Raiders preseason game. I’ll be out of town on vacation this weekend, but you can bet I’ll find a way to watch the Hall of Fame game. Yes, I know it’s the Titans and Bills, but it is FOOTBALL.

Welcome me back America.

That’s what’s rolling around in the DOME for now!

3 comments:

  1. Your Chargers should waltz into the playoffs from the weak division they are in. After all the Raiders are still owned by crazy Uncle Al, the Broncos completely bungled the off season, and the Chiefs are in permanent rebuilding mode.

    Your problems are with the playoffs. You still have good ole' Norv. Just don't see him inspiring greatness out of the Bolts.

    This is my first read of your blog. Surprisingly, I enjoyed it. Some day you need to wax poetic about those intense summer battles we had at your apartment in Evington. You remember "championship level" wiffle ball with a lawn chair set up to determine balls and strikes? Those were the days.

    Jeff in NC

    P.S. - I also remember those glasses. Thank goodness for contacts or neither one of us would have ever got a date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Jeff, I remember the full contact wiffleball days well. I talk to Steve Griffin here about them often.

    The Playoffs have always been the chargers issue even pre Norv. They'll be fine.

    Thanks for the complement too.

    ReplyDelete